- Bring together experts from both science and development fields, especially from across Africa, in an atmosphere where they can freely discuss and find common grounds regarding socio-economic development.
- Stimulate collaborations and partnerships between scientists and development experts or practitioners.
- Generate ideas and plans for interdisciplinary science-for-development projects, which could be incubated/piloted within the OAD or ROA networks, and potentially expanded globally
- Collaborations between scientists and experts from different fields related to development.
- Tangible ideas for interdisciplinary science-for-development projects that can be implemented via the ISC ROAD and OAD networks.
- Fundraising plans to support project ideas